The 5 rules of Proper Food Combining
1. Liquids alone or liquids first, then wait 10-15 minutes before eating.
2. Do not combine dense proteins with dense starches.
3. Eat melons alone.
4. Do not combine acid fruits with sweet fruits.
5. Fruits alone or blended with greens.
6. Do not combine 2 or more dense proteins or 2 or more dense starches.
The Amount of Time Various Foods Stay in the Stomach
Water 10-15 minutes
Juice 15-30 minutes
Rejuvelac 20-30 mintues
Fruit 30-60 minutes
Melons 60-90 mintues
Sprouts 1 hour
Wheat Grass Juice 30-60 minutes
Most vegetables 1-2 hours
Grains and beans 1-2 hours
Fatty Plant foods (avocados, coconuts, nuts and seeds) 2-3 hours
Meat and Fish 3-4 hours
Shellfish 8 hours
The hours listed are the approximate times needed for total digestion in the body. ALL LIQUIDS take approximately 15-30 minutes.
Allow digestion time s indicated before eating again.
Ideally, all drinks and foods should be taken at room temperature.
Meals shoudl be small and chewed throroughly.
If you get gas, constipation, bloating, anuse or exhaustion after eating, these are signs that combinations can be improved.
ORTHODOX THEORY OF POOR FOOD COMBINING
Unless blending, all remain poor combination choices except 1-3